Tiny Treasures: creating small scale mosaic art. This workshop is IN PERSON at the Smithsonian Institution’s Ripley Center, in Washington, DC. Saturday, November 5, 10:30 am to 4:30pm, SPACE IS LIMITED.
Learn to create small-scale mosaic artworks. There are countless tricks to working in the world of ”tiny” and students can expect to gain insights and learn new ways of approaching their mosaic work.
Instructor will introduce 3 unique projects and provide all material for this workshop as well as basic tool loan. Mosaic materials provided include millefiori, smalti, filati, stained glass, mini ceramic and more. Supply fee $65. See the supply list for more details as well as supplemental materials suggestions. All levels are welcome.
SIGN-UPS ARE THROUGH THE SMITHSONIAN AND WILL BEGIN IN LATE AUGUST. If you wish to be notified when sign-ups begin drop us a note and we will contact you. Any questions or concerns feel free to drop me a note: email@example.com
Separate Supply fee $65 includes:
- Generous amount of mosaic materials: millefiori, filati, smalti, stained glass, mini ceramic
- 3 small substrates: a box, a piece of jewelry and a small frame
- 2 oz. Apoxie Sculpt Adhesive
- Loan of LePonitt wheel tool
- Design materials
- Safety glasses
- THIN TIP Sharpie
- Pencil and something to take notes in/on
- Disposal Gloves
- Good quality tweezers (jewelry tweezers best)
- Good quality small scale metal spatula
Optional Supplemental Supplies:
- LePonitt wheel tool if you own (tools have a memory, bring yours if you own!). Instructor will loan tool if need be during class.