Tiny Treasures: Mosaic Jewelry
THIS COURSE WIL BE TAUGHT VIA ZOOM.
This comprehensive workshop covers the key knowledge and techniques needed to create unique fine mosaic jewelry. Learn about topics including jewelry-base selection, adhesive choice, and suitable tesserae, and get experience in the skills of precision cutting, artistic laying techniques, and working on a small scale. The instructor provides lots of great tips and individual attention as you create beautiful silver-plate mosaic pendants using mosaic gold, smalti, semiprecious stones, millefiori and more.
During Zoom workshop there will be lecture, sharing of resources cutting demonstration and we will work as a group on-line. The instructor has prepared kits that include more than enough materials for you to construct 2 mosaic pendants. Included in kit is an excellent selection of small scale mosaic materials . The downloadable supplemental supply list details what will be included in your supply kit as well as student provided recommended tools and materials.
The kit supply fee is $75 + applicable tax, USPS “if it fits it ships”, students will be separately invoiced and kits shipped the week prior class. Students will be separately invoiced for kits. Experienced students may supply their own materials independently. If this is your first workshop with Bonnie you are URGED to purchase kit. See below for details.
Mosaic experience is helpful, but not required; all skill levels are welcome.
Instructor Provided Kit includes, you can arrange pick up (Northern VA) or will ship via USPS, add $10 shipping:
- 2 “practice bases”
- 3 base metal “findings”, size ranges 32.5mm square to 42mm x 21mm
- 2oz Apoxie Sculpt
- Generous selection of small scale mosaic materials: gold smalti, colored smalti, art glass, tiny ceramic tiles, mileflori
- Sticky paper for ‘reverse method”
Students need to provide the following:
- Mosaic wheel Tool* the plates CAN NOT MOVE, LePonnit’s best***
- Tweezers (recommend amazon, search jewelry tweezers, pointed and delicate are best)
- Palette Knife (for mixing and spreading adhesive), metal better than plastic
- Small containers (clear plastic cups, deli containers)
- Latex or rubber gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Small piece light weight cardboard
- Scotch tape
- Couple pieces of plain white paper (photo copier paper)
Recommended – optional
- Apoxie Sculpt Solvent
- Other colors of Apoxie Sculpt (kit includes black)
- Favorite positioning tools (dental tools, things that help you “position” your tiles when your fingers are too big)
- Stained Glass cutting tools
THESE KITS ARE PRETTY AMAZING, YOU WILL HAVE ENOUGH MATERIALS FOR 5 PENDANTS!
***LePonnit wheeled nipper is the BEST for this workshop. Remember always purchase the best tools you can afford, they save you money in the long term! You can purchase from: Witsend Mosaics
Singular images jewelry all by Bonnie Fitzgerald. Other photos various student works.
Learn lots about our techniques taught in this YouTube video.