Travel enriches who we are. “On Maverick Travel trips, I have learned countless history lessons, gained political insights, learned about cultural achievements, and experienced some of the most beautiful works of art, natural wonders, and amazing human beings. Pinch me moments”. Bonnie Fitzgerald, 2018
We have scheduled our 2024 offerings of our very popular week-long workshop retreat in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico, one in January and another in February 2024. This is our most popular workshop, and the only location Bonnie teaches her signature Architectural Installations workshop. We have sign-ups already!
Our 2024 European trips will be to Scotland in June and Portugal in the autumn. We expect to have details and pricing very soon. Please let us know if you’d like to receive a priority notification and in our newsletter, we will let everyone know when we post details and are ready for sign-ups.
We just completed our May 2023 touring trip to Paris and Provence, France. The trip focused on art and cultural achievements. We walked in the shadows of Van Gogh and Cezanne, both favorite sons of Provence. The celebrated market of Aix-en-Provence was outside our hotel door. We visited unique galleries and art collections, spent time on a family ranch and visited the studio of a Ukrainian mosaic artist living in the area. Our final evening together was capped with a group dinner at the foot of the Eiffel Tower. Thank you to my fellow travelers. Amazing adventure.
A return to Barcelona is scheduled for September 2023. This is a perfect mix of workshop and touring. Additionally, we offer a companion option (bring your spouse, girlfriend, or daughter), and companions join along for all touring. At this writing, the workshop and touring options are sold out.
Reasons to Travel to Europe with Maverick Mosaics and the Fitzgeralds.
- The Maverick Difference: Each itinerary is crafted to provide in-depth, authentic, and unique experiences. Many daily adventures on Maverick Travel trips are one-of-a-kind opportunities with some components not available to the public. To quote a past traveler, “…we better understand the countries we are privileged enough to visit due to your plans to balance ‘tourist’ spots with truly unique hidden gems of the area.”
- Small Groups, Big Experiences: Most of our trips feature groups of 12 to 20 people, allowing guests to get up close to well-known sites and get to know locals and fellow travelers. A past traveler is quoted as, “thank you for the superior sensory, intellectual, and emotional experience.”
- Perfect Balance: Maverick Travel itineraries perfectly balance structured, educational travel and free time to explore on your own.
- Travel with Experts: Besides your hosts Bonnie and Ken Fitzgerald, University Educated Guides and local escorts accompany us. We promote the values of understanding the world we live in through experiencing and learning about different cultures.
- Trusted Advisor: For over 25 years, Maverick Mosaics’ travel and logistics partner Mr. Rene Piard, and his company Dream Travel, have organized eleven successful European trips to date. Dream Travel’s goal is to provide affordable access to learning opportunities abroad.
- Hassle-free Travel: A paramount feature of Maverick travel is hassle-free! We want you to relax and enjoy; leave the logistics to us. Ground transportation and transfers are included, no waiting in lines for scheduled tours. The well-being of our guests is our highest priority.
- Great Value: Once you add up everything included in the trip fee – experts, enrichment, special meals and tastings, transfers, hotel, and gratituties, you’ll find our trips offer an exceptional experience at an excellent value.
- The Maverick Community: Our travelers are intellectually curious and adventurous lifelong learners. Trips are for adults only and are a mix of singles, couples, friends, brothers, and sisters. The friendships that develop on our trips are often one of the most notable benefits of the experience.
On our European trips, many daily adventures on Maverick Travel trips are UNIQUE, one-of-a-kind opportunities. We offer personal, hassle-free travel, professional escorts, and university-educated guides, beautiful accommodations, and street-level cultural engagement based on the world of art, architecture, and archaeology. On many trips, we visit artist studios, enjoy fine food sampling and wine tastings, and of course, see lots of art! Our trips are designed to inspire, educate and entertain.
Maverick Mosaics has led travel adventures to Paris, Normandy (2019), the Lorie Valley, and the Périgord region in France (2013, 2016 & 2019), Spain (2014 & 2022), Italy (2015 & 2018), and Ireland (2017). All were all amazing trips, largely thanks to the expertise and planning of our travel and logistics partner, Mr. Rene Piard. Rene exclusively provides educational institutions with affordable access to learning opportunities abroad; Maverick Mosaics qualifies as an educational institution. Along with Dream Travel, we promote the values of understanding the world we live in through experiencing and learning about different cultures. With 25+ years of experience organizing tours for educational institutions, Rene Piard is the perfect partner with Maverick Mosaics for our unique travel and learning experience.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT OUR TRIPS:
Every time I try to decide which MM trip I enjoyed the most: SW France, Ireland, Italy/Slovenia, or NW France…there’s no doubt! They were all FAVORITES! Thank you again for putting together these fully amazing trips! And tour guides of the caliber of Bruno were appreciated too!
Having been on 4 of Maverick’s trips, we have always experienced a perfect balance between structured, educational travel and free time to explore independently. We also feel we better understand the countries we are privileged enough to visit due to your plans to balance ‘tourist’ spots with truly unique ‘hidden gems of the area, which is sincerely appreciated. – Don & Susan
With Bonnie and Ken, we all were taken care of and enjoyed a superior sensory, intellectual, and emotional experience. My feet are still floating above the ground. Thank you Bonnie and Ken for another life treat. — Camy